7th Annual Steampunk Fair | Coming Saturday, August 14, 2021!
It’s back for 2021! The Southern Maine Steampunk Fair, now in its 7th year, returns as the Museum’s most popular and unique events.
Vendors, performers, and lecturers all return to the Museum to celebrate the art of Steampunk, a niche aesthetic that blends Victorian steampower with the future.
This year, the event takes place Saturday, August 14 from 11am to 4pm.
Tickets are $5 each and are a major fundraiser for the Museum.
Schedule of Events:
Your $5 ticket gets you unlimited access to:
- Jules Verne’s “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea,” filmed in 1916, with new musical score! Movie snacks and treats sold at the door! Showings at 11am and 2pm.
- Paula Gallucci, costume designer, “Researching Historic Styles for Costuming” (11am)
- Professor Elizabeth DeWolfe, University of New England, “Women’s Industry & the Work of Hair Jewelry in the 19th Century” (12pm)
- Professor Libby Bischof, University of Southern Maine/Osher Map Library, “Victorian America Through Bird’s Eye Maps of Maine” (1pm)
- Live Music – Bellamy Jazz Band (2-4pm)
Throughout the day:
- Vendors & costumes
- Museum exhibitions
- Art activities
Costume Contest Information
Interested in volunteering as an event volunteer? Learn more and sign up.
Would you like to sponsor or support this event? Contact Cynthia Walker at email@example.com or (207)985-4802.