ANNOUNCING THE NEWFANGLED CONTRAPTION (DIGITAL) STEAMPUNK FAIR!
The 6th Annual Southern Maine Steampunk Fair is going to be different. To keep everyone safe and healthy, the staff at the Brick Store Museum has determined to move this event to a digital platform with special treats in store.
6th Annual Steampunk Fair | Coming Saturday, August 8, 2020!
Our Newfangled Contraption (digital) Steampunk Fair has some great things in store! Keep scrolling to get ready for the event on August 8th.
LINK TO FAIR WILL APPEAR BELOW after the clock ticks down to 0:00!
Costume Contest Rules:
- Best Overall Design
- Most Original Concept
- Best Interpretation of an Historical Theme or Artifact
- Best Application of Steampunk to Another Era (i.e. 1950s swing in Steampunk style)
- Best Hair & Makeup
- Visitor’s Choice
- If you would like to enter yourself in the Costume Contest, please take a photo of yourself all dressed up!
- Photos must be received by the Museum PRIOR TO 3:30pm on Saturday, August 8. Ways to send your entry:
- Email us: email@example.com
- Upload your photo to Facebook or Instagram and tag us: @BrickStoreMuseum with the hashtag #southernmainesteampunkfair (make sure to do both, otherwise we’ll miss it)
Please note: By sending your photo, you are giving consent to the Brick Store Museum to post your image and likeness on our social media channels and website.
- Costumes must be family-friendly.
- When sending your photo, please include information about your character, handmade items, backstory, and anything else that lets us know about you!
- All costumes will be judged by virtual participants via email (not on social media to prevent favoritism), with additional blind votes by guest judges.
- Results of the votes will be tabulated and announced at 4:00pm via Facebook, Instagram and our website. Awards will be sent to winners. Winners can only win one category.
Plan your visit: the Southern Maine Steampunk Fair occurs annually on the second Saturday in August. Please find tickets via our Calendar.
Interested in volunteering as an event volunteer? Learn more and sign up.
Would you like to sponsor or support this event? Contact Cynthia Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207)985-4802.