In 2018, the Brick Store Museum opened the Bauman Family Gallery, with generous support from the Bauman Family Foundation. It is located in the Brick Store Museum Program Center. The gallery provides space for contemporary Maine artists to share their work with the community, and is open seasonally from May through December. Each exhibit runs 4-5 weeks, so there is always something new to see!
The Bauman Family Gallery offers artists the opportunity to display their work in a professional environment. We invite Maine artists and Maine arts organizations to submit an information sheet to the Brick Store Museum for exhibit consideration. Please find a digital version below, or pick up a physical copy at the Museum’s front desk.
More information, including applications and FAQ’s, are below. Please read the included directions and information before calling the Museum, as they may be answered on this site.
- COMING SOON! Opening in May 2021
- “New Mainers, Portraits of our Immigrant Neighbors”: Photographs by Jan Pieter van Voorst van Beest
- The Photography of Tony King
- John Bryan Woodworking & Sculpture
- Christina Record, 3D cut paper
- Ken Fellows, oil
- Dianna Anderson, oil
- Art Guild of the Kennebunks
- DUAL SHOW: Rosalind Fedeli & Susan Barrett Merrill, mixed media
- Mark Alesse, photography
Artists from Maine and/or those who create works in Maine are invited to share their work with the Museum’s Bauman Gallery Curate Committee. The Committee generally meets once per year (in January) to schedule exhibitions for the year ahead.
Artist Information Sheet (PDF)