ensures that future generations can experience the love of learning and exploring our shared history and cultures here in the Kennebunk region. A gift in your estate preserves our region’s story, inspires through art, and inspires discovery of who we are as people.
Legacy giving (also called planned giving) is a powerful and meaningful way to leave a legacy for future generations. A gift is “planned” when you purposefully decide to incorporate a charitable gift into your financial or estate plan. This means that you will continue to live comfortably during your lifetime, while making sure your estate has the most impact in the future.
Everyone that makes a planned gift to the Museum is a member of the 1936 Society.
- Lifetime membership & recognition in the 1936 Society
- Invitations to special events honoring the 1936 Society Members
- Recognition in the Museum’s annual report
- Knowing your generosity inspires future generations
Making a Gift in Your Will or Living Trust, While Providing for Your Family
You would like to leave money to the Brick Store Museum in your will. You also want the flexibility to change your will in the event that life circumstances change; and ensure that your family members financial future is certain. You can do both.
For many people, the easiest way to make a planned gift is through a bequest, a provision in a will directing one’s wishes in regards to the disposition of assets. A bequest allows you to make a long-term commitment without affecting your current standard of living or giving any funds right now.
You can arrange to leave a bequest to the Brick Store Museum by designating on your will either a specific amount or a percentage of the residue of your estate. In addition, one can designate the Brick Store Museum as a beneficiary of a revocable trust or retirement plan.
Most often, it is one simple sentence in your will that allows this support:
I give [ ____ percent of the residue of my estate] or [the sum of __________ dollars] to the Brick Store Museum in Kennebunk, Maine, for its general purposes or for the benefit of [program, department or initiative]. Tax ID: #01-0238760
- Contact Cynthia Walker, Executive Director, at [email protected] or (207) 985-4802 for additional information about options; or to let us know the Museum is already included in your estate plans.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include the Museum in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID:
Legal Name: Brick Store Museum
Address: 117 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Federal Tax ID: 01-0238760