Happy Thanksgiving from the staff, volunteers and Trustees at the Brick Store Museum!
Since it’s going to be a different celebration this year, Museum Director Cynthia Walker is sharing our ideas for five different activities to do at home to still share in the traditions of family and friends.
- Ask questions! Explore your loved ones’ stories by using the Museum’s “Citizen Spotlight” questions, designed to cover different aspects of our lives. Find the questions here.
- Explore the traditional lands of the Wabanaki, here in southern Maine. Start here to find ancestral lands; and then discover Kennebunk’s indigenous history on our 16th Century Portal.
- Write down your story! Use the peace & quiet to document your family’s traditions. Send it to the Museum so we can keep it in the archives for future generations.
- Look through old family photos! Start noting down names, dates, and places on the back. Don’t let this important information get lost to history!
- Support local businesses if you’re shopping this weekend. That includes the Museum! Check out our Online Mercantile, OR visit us at the Museum throughout December, with free admission! We’re even offering private visiting and shopping hours for individuals and family units, every Tuesday and Thursday from 5pm – 8pm. Click here to reserve your time.